Phoenix Dog Walking Service - Available in Scottsdale, Carefree, Cave Creek, Fountain Hills, etc.
Call 602-818-7771 for a free dog walk.
Professional Dog Walking Service In Northeast Valley
Frequent dog walks help your pets use their energy productively, without it they find other ways . .
How Much Walking Does Your Dog Need?
Energy Needs By Breed
Different breeds of dogs have different needs. Dogs which are bred to hunt, sniff, protect, and work need more exercise than others. Bigger dogs also have larger bladders and bowels so it’s especially more important to give them time outside. Here are some walking needs based on the breed of your dog:
- Brachycephalic Breeds: 20-30 minutes a day
- Sight Hounds: 30-45 minutes a day
- Giant Breeds: 30-45 minutes a day
- Toy and small Breeds: 30-60 minutes a day
- Terriers: 60-90 minutes a day
- Scent Hounds: 60-90 minutes a day
- Working Breeds: 60-120 minutes a day
- Sporting Breeds: 60-120 minutes a day
- Herding Breeds: 60-120 minutes a day
Low energy breeds include brachycephalic, sight hounds, and giant breeds. Brachycephalic means short-nosed or flat-faced dogs, like bull dogs or pugs. Medium energy breeds include toy and small breeds, terriers and scent hound breeds. High energy breeds include working, sporting and herding breeds. Sporting breeds include pointers, setters, spaniels and retrievers. Source.